Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mother-Daughter Movie Outings

My mom and I very rarely go out, except for our weekly voyages to Wal-Mart and occasionally the mall. But today, we went down to our movie theater (which is actually in our mall) and saw Mama Mia. Now the last time my mom and I went to an actual movie together was to see Crossroads when I was thirteen (come on, what thirteen year old didn't love Britney Spears back then?). Seven years passed and we were long over due for another cinematic adventure.
Prior to the movie, mom and I went to Penny's and chicked out, we bought dresses (for my cousin's wedding).

The movie itself was everything that you could ever want in a production that features weddings and ABBA songs. It was cute, funny, and overwhelmingly heart warming. A big thumbs up from mom and me.

Going to the movies with your the woman who gave birth to you is always a simple pleasure because it's time where you can get to that long-needed bonding, she usually splurges for popcorn and large sodas, and it's so much better to go to a chick flick with your mom rather than with your boyfriend because you won't have to watch five gun-blasting, bikini-clad women, explosive action movies to make up for it (believe me, i'm still paying for making him watch The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants back in 2005...).
So all you ladies out there, get down to the cinema and watch a movie with your mom, you both will love it and it will bring you closer together.

1 comment:

Xana said...

my mom and i were going to go see wall-e on tuesday, but she lost track of time and we missed it :(

also, the a&e biography of abba is on tv as i'm typing this, but we don't have that channel in the dorms, apparently. boo!



i have this blog on my rss feed :)