Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Coffee on Cold Mornings


I never drank coffee until I was a senior in high school and I did so because all my friends were doing it (in the traditional after-school special sense). Once I moved away to college, coffee became less of a social activity and more of a necessity, by Winter quarter freshman year I was hands-down addicted.

The height of my addiction was probably Fall quarter sophomore year where I would wake up extra early in the morning so I could venture out to The Front Room just to intake my daily requirement of caffeine.

When I wake in the morning, one of my first thoughts is "coffee now!" and it's nice to be at home because I seem to have an endless supply. What is spectacular about winter cups of coffee is that they not only wake you up, but they warm you up. It's like an energizing little hug every morning (or afternoon, if you're like me and you sleep until one o'clock).

I feel like I'm living in a Folger's Commercial.

1 comment:

Jillian Mapes said...

oh my god, you're so good at updating our blog. I need to come up with a really good simple pleasure and then I will post. Hmmm.