Sunday, December 14, 2008

Naps!


During the winter it is so easy to become consumed with the television and freshly washed blankets and snuggle up on the couch. Naps have quickly become one of my favorite past times. No matter what time of day, I love the feeling of rolling over on the couch and just taking a little nap, it's relaxing and a great way to pass these boring December days.

I think some of my best napping experiences have occurred in between classes while I am at school. I remember having one particularly good nap Freshman year where I had a dream that my roommate had come back from class and pulled a mountain bike down from the ceiling of the room. She then proceeded to go on a bike ride. I woke up when she actually came through the door and I asked her how her ride was, needless to say, she gave me such a strange look.

I also had a number of really good naps last year in Scott Quad. My bed was super comfortable and super warm and was so incredibly welcoming when I came back from my 8am Linguistics class Winter quarter. To snuggle up in those warm sheets on those cold mornings was like heaven in memory foam pillows.

I have had little success with naps in my apartment, my room does not feel nearly as cozy and my blankets aren't as welcoming. Hopefully the winter will change this. For now, I'm just napping to pass the time.