Tuesday, August 5, 2008

U Street D


even the food is happy!

I have been pretty lame at keeping up with simple pleasures, but this is one that Jill and I can completely agree with: Union Street Diner.
Last week, I went down to beautiful Athens, Ohio to visit Jill, Rika, and Jason. It was a wonderful time. We had chinese food, watched 90s dramas (My So Called Life is my new fave teen drama*) and Jill and I went to our classic dining spot, Union Street Diner.

During the school year, U Street D is a staple for the weekends. They're open 24 hours so after a good night of party hopping or hanging out with friends, it is the go-to destination for a cup of coffee and scrambled eggs (my favorite late night food).
Union Street Diner holds so many memories, from the first time I ordered chocolate chip pancakes at 8pm to the time after $2 Prom (an annual event that ACRN.com holds at The Union) where i ate there with Jill and my boyfriend Alex and ended up spilling syrup all over my Junior year homecoming dress.
Union Street Diner is a wonderful little hole in the wall place that offers crazy good meals (spicy chicken sandwiches, breakfast quesadillas, and a plethora of different kind of melts). If you're ever in Athens and you need a good meal for not much dough, Union Street Diner is your place, plus it's a wonderful place to gather all your friends (just don't be alarmed by the holes in the seats of the booths).

*except for this "so bad it's good" drama on ABC family called The Secret Life of the American Teenager.. I watched a marathon of it today.

No comments: