Friday, August 15, 2008

Visits home...

As most college students spend their summers rotting away at bad jobs in their hometowns, I've spent this summer rotting away here at OU. You see, they pay me more to rot here.

After a stint as a popcorn bitch last winter break, I swore I'd never again spend more than a couple weeks at a time in my hometown of Hubbard, Ohio. It did, however, feel nice to head back to Hubbard for a bit last week.

My mom's cooking is always appreciated, as is the gas my dad puts in the car when he knows I'm coming home. Driving around town with the windows down and the stereo bumping feels like freedom, even if I'm just driving to get a haircut downtown. And laundry is free! It felt good to be back on my old stomping grounds, especially when I knew I'd be back in Athens, my home, in a few days.

The best part of my week at home (you know, besides the two concerts I went to) was definitely hanging around my friend Billy's digs. Casa de Billster is a place where you can find puppies with bladder problems, fat cats, video-game-playing moms, a Chinese exchange...man..? named Tang (not a student, just this Chinese guy who lives with them because he teaches little kids or something) and most importantly, brand new Mac desktops sprawled out on the dining room table (because eating is so very over-rated these days).

Billiam and I made several ridiculous YouTube videos in Photobooth, in addition to taking many ridiculous photogs. One of the videos somehow got 141 views and 1 comment overnight. Upon viewing, the Chinese man Tang seemed convinced that we were YouTube stars. Give the guy a break, he's real foreign.

Anyway, here are two of the videos. I'm warning you, they're silly as hell, especially the second one:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg those videos, especially the last one.

my journeys at home included watching the new animated star wars tonight.. yeaah.